Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm an AOLCP

A week ago, I skipped my Taiko class because I was sick, and because the next day was the last day of the Organic Land Care Course that I was taking from NOFA (Northeast Organic Farming Association)

Instead of engaging in fun and vigorous drumming, I stayed home curled up under a bunch of blankets and a cat (Peanut), and reviewed the course materials.

The next day I felt pretty icky, but still was able to stay with it enough to learn a few things from the morning lectures. The accreditation exam was at the very end of the day. Despite being sick, I was one of the first to finish (what?), and I felt pretty good about how I did.

Today, I feel really good about the results:
"Congratulations! You've passed the NOFA Accreditation Exam with a 98 (our top scorer ever by the way - and the only one you got wrong was that chickweed is a winter annual, not velvetleaf) and you are now a NOFA Accredited Organic Land Care Professional (AOLCP)!"

Yay!
My mother-in-law tells me that people tend to perform well on tests when they are running a slight fever. Lucky me!

On the other hand, Today I was back in Taiko class, and I was terrible! Well, I'll probably catch up.

No comments: